The DDCA Annual General Meeting shall take place at the Dandenong Club (Banquet Room downstairs), corner of Heatherton and Stud Roads, Dandenong on Wednesday 12th June 2019 commencing at 7.30pm.
Business to be conducted will consist of presentation of annual report, presentation of annual financial statements, election of office bearers, appointment of honorary solicitor, auditor & tribunal members and any general business from the floor.
In regard to the appointment of office bearers, the following positions are due for election -
- President - Michael Hawking has indicated he will stand again
- Vice-president – Hilary Wijeratne has indicated he will stand again
- Treasurer – Neil Evans has indicated he will stand again
- Committee Members – two positions – Peter Barnes has indicated he will stand again. One other position vacant due to the resignation of Lance Draper
- Umpires' Representative - This position is will not be filled following a recommendation of the position being abolished (subject to clubs' vote at the Annual Rules & Affiliations Meeting in August)
In summary, there is one vacant position on the executive and expressions of interest are encouraged.
Irrespective of persons indicated they will stand again, ALL positions mentioned are open for nomination, including those where executive members are seeking to change their existing placement.
Any member wanting to nominate for a position should complete a proposal form, obtainable from the DDCA Secretary and return it to the DDCA Secretary before Wednesday 5th June 2019.
Minutes of the previous AGM to be ratified on the night have been sent to clubs.